When establishing utility services at your new residence, you will probably need:

  • Electric
  • Natural Gas
  • Waste Sanitation Services
  • Water / Sewer

In Dade County, services available depend upon where you choose to live.

Contacting Utility Companies

We suggest at least a week or two before you are scheduled to move that you contact companies to either transfer or change service. Most utility companies don't need much notice for transferring service. However, there could always be potential delays that could leave you scrambling around. To avoid any stress, don't wait until the last minute. 

Some utility companies have specific hours to accept applications and most will not start new service on a weekend or holiday. Additionally, if this is your first time on your own or you are setting up a new account, they may require an application with a deposit. To help alleviate some of the confusion as to who to contact, how to contact them, and what you will need, we've included basic information about the various companies available to residents in Dade County.

Power / Electric Service

  • If your home's physical location is near the Tennessee line (atop Lookout Mountain) north of Burkhalter Gap Road, then you will most likely need to contact the Electric Power Board (EPB) of Chattanooga, Tennessee, for electricity. To establish a new power account as a customer visit the EPB website or call 423-648-1372 or 877-431-9595. After you've contacted EPB to establish a new account, you will need to come to the Dade County Commission office to apply for a power permit.
  • Power service for all other areas of Dade County, Georgia is provided by Georgia Power. To establish a new power account visit the Georgia Power website or call 888-660-5890. If you already have an account number needing to make changes to your account services or have a billing / payment questions call 800-672-2402. After you've contacted Georgia Power to establish a new account, then you will come to our office (Dade County Commission) to apply for a power permit.
  • For a standard 200 amp service the cost will be $35 ($20 for temporary power to construct a home). If the new service is for a mobile home then you are required by local ordinance to visit the Dade County Tax Commissioner's office (Suite 201) and then the Dade County Property Records office (Suite 224) for additional documentation to attach to the power permit application. All of these offices are located inside the same building on the same floor. The Dade County Commission office is inside the:

    • Dade County Administrative Building
      71 Case Avenue
      Suite 243
      Trenton, GA 30752

Electrical Inspector

If you have any questions you may contact us by calling 706-657-4625 or the Electrical Inspector by calling 423-763-8387. A septic permit is required before an electrical permit may be issued as required by State law (please see additional information how to attain a septic permit below).

Water / Sewage

  • Dade County does not support a sewer system for residential areas in the unincorporated area of the County. All areas located outside the city limits of the City of Trenton are required to attain a Septic Tank Permit through the local Board of Health. For additional information on how to attain a Septic Permit please call 706-657-6181. A septic permit is required before an electrical permit may be issued as required by State law. The Public Health Department is located inside the:

    • Dade County Administrative Building (downstairs) on the first floor
      71 Case Avenue
      Suite 101
      Trenton, GA 30752
  • Water in Dade County is supplied by the Dade County Water and Sewer Authority (neither the City nor County owns the water company). Please contact the Water Authority by calling 706-657-4341 for additional information to establish a new account. The physical address of the Water Authority is:

    • 250 Bond Avenue
      Trenton, GA 30752

Garbage / Recycling

As a resident of Dade County (with a Dade County car plate/tag) a citizen may dispose up to 8 bags of trash / garbage on a daily basis for free at the Dade County Transfer Station located at:

888 Sunset Drive
Trenton, GA 30752


Scales are open until 4 p.m. daily for truckloads of garbage / refuse priced by the ton. Also, all citizens are encouraged to bring unlimited amounts of recyclables to the Dade County Recycling Center located at the same address. For additional information on what recycled materials are accepted you may call 706-657-2776. The Transfer Station and Recycling Center is open:

  • Tuesday through Saturday
    8 a.m. until 6 p.m.


Private Garbage Collection providers in Dade County, Georgia include:

  • Nooga Waste
    Phone: 423-825-7006
  • Valley Garbage Service
    Phone: 706-398-3039

Cable Television / Internet / Phone

For cable television, Internet and phone services you may call the following companies who offer these services in Dade County, Georgia. It is necessary to speak directly to a customer service representative with each of these respective companies to determine if their services are available for the physical address you are inquiring about.

  • AT&T U-verse
    Phone: 855-344-9902
  • Charter Spectrum
    Phone: 844-878-3121
  • EPB Fiber Optic
    Phone: 423-648-1372
  • Trenton Telephone Company
    Phone: 706-657-4367