For new construction, you will be required to obtain an electrical permit from:

Food Permit

State Food Services permitting may also be obtained from the local Public Health Department located in the:

Administrative Building (downstairs)
71 Case Avenue
Trenton, GA 30752

Environmental State Permits

State permits concerning environmental issues may be obtained from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division at 770-387-4912. For all other State license questions contact the Georgia Secretary of State's Administrative Offices of the Professional Licensing Boards by phone at 478-207-1300 or by fax at 877-588-0446.


This notice is intended to give general information only concerning permits currently required in Dade County, and should not be relied upon for legal advice as to the applicability of any county, state, or federal statute or regulation to your project. Additionally, nothing in this notice is intended to restrict the County from adopting new or different ordinances or regulations in the future.

More Information

For more information about opening a business in Dade County please refer to the Dade County Business Guide available upon request or online. Thank you for your interest in Dade County. We hope you will find our County to be a great place to live and work. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.